28 Sep Medical Billing for Dermatology
Tired of claim denials for improperly coded procedures? Having problems with medical practice management? Tired of reimbursement dips that create a whiplash in your cash flow? Wish to improve your revenue by 30 percent? If so, then you need to contact MPMRI Medical Billing. A dermatology practice depends on denial-free claims and a smooth billing process for financial health. Our team of professional coders and billers are experienced in navigating the complexities of the healthcare industry. For uninterrupted cash flow and maximum reimbursement, put our experience to work for you.
We have a dedicated, competent team of billing specialists who ensure all physicians are reimbursed at the maximum allowed. Our dermatology billing professionals have an in-depth knowledge in processing claims for both government and commercial insurance carriers. As a result, your dermatology practitioners can expect a steady inflow of revenues, which in turn will increase your patient influx, clinical efficiency, and service referrals. Outsourcing of medical billing is growing in popularity because it saves the practice much money regarding employee benefits.
Qualifications and Experience
Our dermatology medical billers and coders have a fine blend of experience and qualifications. Here are some of our affiliates’ credentials:
- Certified through the American Association of Professional Coders
- Properly trained and competent on coding software, including FlashCode, CodeLink, and EncoderPro.
- Familiarity with many billing softwares, such as Medisoft, NextGen, Misys, and Lytec.
- Knowledge of all dermatology-related HCPS, CPT, and ICD-CM coding guidelines.
- Successful track record for processing dermatology bills with many insurance carriers, such as United Health, Aetna, Human, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- Work with a tried-and-true revenue cycle that includes electronic filing of claims, intricate procedure coding, patient billing, a multi-tiered appeal process, denial elimination, and a compliance program.
Billing Problems and Solutions
Dermatology specialists require coding and billing experts to convey their services to insurance carriers. Complying with the prevailing standards and regulations, our billing professionals are familiar with the complexities of coding and billing for dermatology services. These include:
- Laser therapies – Lasers can be used to treat a variety of cosmetic problems, and they are often used for skin rejuvenation purposes. However, lasers can also be used to treat skin cancer, precancerous growths, and removal of skin lesions that affection function of the body.
- Phototherapy – With an application of narrowband UVB, broadband UVB, and psoralen, this treatment is often used for dermatology procedures.
- Allergy testing – Used for contact dermatitis.
- Tumescent liposuction – For treatment of various medical problems, such as breast reduction related to chronic back pain.
- Cryosurgery – For the treatment of skin cancers, moles, and warty growths.
Here’s how MPMRI Medical Billing can help your dermatology practice:
- Knowledge of HCC codes and Medicare’s risk adjustment process.
- Experience in billing for dermatologic biopsies, procedures, and surgeries.
- 24/7 accounts receivable call team who follows up on all outstanding claims and patient balances.
- Adherence to the billing practices and reimbursement regulations of dermatology.
- Expertise in assigning destruction and dermatopahologic codes according to AUC guidelines.
- Adherence to HIPAA regulations and high-security standards.
- Reducing claim rejection rates and bringing down denials to 0.2%.
- Regular evaluation and management audit to evaluate billing efficiency and accuracy.
- Cost analysis of reimbursement trends to develop a reimbursement model that suits your dermatology practice.