05 Sep Medical Billing for Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and Gynecology (Ob/Gyn) is a specialty that carries voluminous claim filing, as the services cover many procedures. Medical Practice Management Resources Medical Billing has a fool-proof system, complete with accurate charge-capture, electronic claims filing, intricate procedure coding, multi-tiered appeal process, compliance program per HIPAA, and denial elimination initiatives. This simplifies your revenue cycle and increases collection rates.
At Medical Practice Management Resources Medical Billing, our coders and billers have much obstetrics and gynecology billing expertise, having worked for years with Ob/Gyn practices. In addition, they are trained to understanding the complexity involved in coding laboratory tests, anesthesia billing for procedures, and family planning services. We have accumulated knowledge and expertise in:
• Coding on CPT and ICD-10 platforms
• Following up with underpaid and pending claims
• Pre-authorization for approaching procedure
Support for OB/GYN Physicians
Market-driven competition, unprecedented increase in medical cases, and stringent billing and coding regimen have driven obstetrics and gynecology practices searching for a balancing act to address core issues of efficient medical care, as well as offering competitive standing through an uninterrupted flow of reimbursements. Individual physicians, Ob/Gyn groups, and multi-specialty groups all need a strategic partner who is up-to-date with the billing industry.
To maximize reimbursement, our medical billers and coders avoid denials and requests for additional information by:
• Knowing coding updates – In 2014, the American Medical Association release more than 300 changes to the CPT code set. Among these changes were category III code 0336T for laparoscopy, surgical, ablation of uterine fibroids, including ultrasound guidance and monitoring and radiofrequency.
• Avoiding the common reasons for denials – The top five denied procedures are 99000 specimen handling office-lab, 99213 outpatient doctor visit, 81002 urinalysis non-automated, 36415 routine blood capture, and 99214 outpatient doctor visit. Reasons for these denials included a benefit for service already included, duplicate claim/service, the claim lacks information or has errors, and procedure not paid separately.
What Makes Us Better than Other Billing Companies
Medical Practice Management Resources Medical Billing offers many advantages of obstetrics and gynecology practices. These include:
• Use of advanced technology billing software, such as Medisoft, Lytec, Misys, and NextGen.
• Use of latest coding software, such as FlashCode, CodeLink, and EncoderPro.
• Certification from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC).
• Application of standard HCPCS supply codes, CPT procedure codes, and ICD-10 diagnosis codes per CMS guidelines.
• Successful track record processing medical bills with government and private insurance carriers, such as Medicare, Medicaid, Wellpoint, United Health, Human, and Blue Cross Group.
Our Ob/Gyn billing and coding specialists have been able to demonstrate their credentials across many subspecialties, such as:
• Reproductive endocrinology and infertility
• Maternal-fetal medicine
• Uro-gynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery
• Family planning
• Advanced laparoscopic surgery
• Menopausal and geriatric gynecology
• Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
The Medical Practice Management Resources Medical Billing team focuses on ensuring that all Ob/Gyn billing claims submitted are error-free by using professional coding efficiencies. You will receive the maximum reimbursements allows for the services you provide. Outsourcing your coding/billing will not only provide your obstetrics and gynecology practice the opportunity to better utilized your office staff time, but it will allow you to focus on patient care. Overall, you will have drastically reduced costs related to billing, as well as improved productivity and efficiency in billing.