19 Dec Medical Billing for Cardiothoracic Surgery
Cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery are highly specialized areas of medicine. As with all medical services, accurate assignment of both diagnosis and procedure codes is critical for proper reimbursement. In addition, correct coding of services is required to avoid compliance risks. Medical Practice Management Resources is committed to proper billing for you surgical or cardiology practice. Surgery billing and coding requires high attention to the full understanding of the specialty’s medical terminology while remaining compliant with all state and federal laws. Our in-house compliance committee provides continued monitoring of billing and coding for cardiothoracic surgery and services.
At Medical Practice Management Resources, we have experience billing for many cardiothoracic surgeries and procedures, such as:
• Pericardial closures
• Robotic procedures
• Sternal closures
• Atrial appendage procedures
• Reporting transesophageal echocardiography
• Minimally invasive esophagectomies
• Redo thoracotomy
• Pleural tents
Super-Specialized Medical Billing
Scientific technologic innovations and advances have transformed cardiothoracic surgical medicine. In addition, cardiothoracic surgery is an uncommon specialty and has its own set of billing and coding rules. This translates to a need for certified coders who specialize in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgical billing. Our coding professionals bill for these specialties day in and day out, so they have developed a mastery of all the problems and nuances of these evolving subspecialties.
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) budget gives investigators a large budget for the oversight of HHS’s Medicaid and Medicare programs. RAC auditors and OIG investigators are looking for overbilling, upcoding, and other billing issues. Our billers are aware of the 2010 revision of the NCCI data set, which applies to government beneficiary claims. Our focus is making sure your practice is compliant with all coding guidelines, so you get reimbursed for all services without billing errors.
Problems and Solutions
The supply of cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery coding specialists is scarce. Large medical groups offer hefty sign-on bonuses and other incentives for these professionals. Our billing team has decades of coding experience in these specialties, and we have the in-depth knowledge and experience to save you money while getting you paid. Coder turnover can create cash flow whiplash for your practice, and full-time coders can increase your overhead.
The solution is simple: partner with Medical Practice Management Resources. We offer many advantages over in-house billers and coders, such as:
• Certified and experienced cardiology and cardiothoracic coding experts.
• With our per-encounter cardiothoracic coding prices, you only pay for what is necessary. Our volume-driven pricing makes us a money-saving solution for your practice.
• With our professional billing staff, you can expect a stabilization in cash flow. You will not have to worry about revenue cycle dips caused by extended medical leave, vacations, or sick time.
• You maintain full financial control, and have 24/7 access to all patient records and financial documents.
Medical Practice Management Resources’s Services
• Ongoing expert cardiothoracic surgery coding
• Interventional cardiology coding
• Cardiac catheterization laboratory coding
• Cardiac computerized tomographic angiography coding
• Electrophysiology coding
• Cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery backlog resolution
• Compliance and accuracy audits of coding done by others
• OIG and RAC audit defense
• Medical record chart documentation training
• Telephone and email helpline services