11 Dec Overview of Medical Billing for Ob-Gyn
Obstetrics and gynecology (ob-gyn) is one specialty that involves voluminous claims filing. Services are rendered for many family planning, obstetrics, gynecology, and anesthesia procedures. Our billing specialists at MPMR have ob-gyn expertise, having worked for years with practices across the United States.
Why Choose Us
Our obstetrics and gynecology medical billers process billing, enter data, and initiate a follow-up on patient claims pending for more than 18 days. Depending on the types of insurances accepted by the clinic or facility, we also optimize your current cycle to 21-25 days. Our certified billing specialists have focus on streamlining the billing process so they can devote more time and resources to revenue collection. This frees up your office staff so they can focus on patient care.
What our OB-GYN Billers Do
- Understanding fee schedules, commercial payor regulations, and Medicare/Medicaid guidelines.
- Answering patient queries regarding billing.
- Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and rules to assure accurate billing.
- Data and charge entry.
- Management of accounts receivable.
- Physician credentialing for the healthcare facility.
- HCPC, ICD-10, and CPT coding.
- Payment posting.
- Electronic data interface.
- Handling denials through dedicated revenue management.
Billing Specialist with Credentials
Letting a medical billing company handle your billing will improve collections by around 20 percent. Accurate coding, timely filing, and insurance claim follow-up guarantees higher profitability for your ob-gyn practice. Our obstetrics and gynecology billing and coding services are provided by specialists with certain credentials. These include:
- Certification from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Use of latest medical billing software, such as Medisoft, Lytec, Misys, and Medic.
- Use of latest coding software, such as CodeLink, FlashCode, and EncoderPro.
- Application of standard procedure and diagnosis codes (CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10).
- Successful track-record for processing bills with leading insurance carriers, such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, Wellpoint, Humana, Medicaid, and Medicare.
Through training and certification, our ob-gyn billing specialist demonstrate expertise and knowledge across multiple specialties, including:
- Family planning
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility
- Gynecological, uro-gynecology, and pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Menopausal and geriatric gynecology
Decrease Paperwork, Lower Employee Costs, and Decrease Overhead
Through outsourcing of the medical billing, an ob-gyn practice can decrease in-house busywork and paperwork, as well as lower employee costs. Salaries are around 70% of your employee costs, considering FICA, payroll taxes, and insurance. In addition, medical billing specialist must be paid vacation and sick time when they are not even working. If you outsource your billing, the overhead is gone. This eliminates a big portion of your expenses. In addition, you will not have the headache and worry that goes along with software updates, computer training, and other management details.
With our billing service, you have paperless billing, which streamlines the billing process. This allows us to assure patient privacy, remain organized, and ensure client satisfaction. Digital documentation means you do not have to have extra storage space, and costs are reduced on office supplies. Finally, accuracy and efficiency is assure with the electronic billing option.
The Outsourced Process
The process of outsourcing billing is straightforward for office staff. Superbills and billing documents are scanned and sent electronically to the medical billing service. The medical billing staff handles data entry and claim submission on behalf of the practice. The industry average pay is around 7% charge for processing claims. In addition, the medical billing service follows up on rejected claims, handles delinquent accounts, and sends invoices directly to the patients.